Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Salsa from my Garden

We had a rough gardening year.  The place I usually do my garden was unavailable so we did a garden with our friends who had never planted one before.  It went great until the deer at everything but the zucchini.  But the good news is a friend asked me to babysit her garden for a few weeks while she was gone!  Huzzah!  Produce!

So with my excess of tomatoes and peppers I decided to make salsa.  I love fresh salsa!  I usually make a salsa from The Pioneer Woman Cookbook.  Its amazing, but she uses canned tomatoes.





Fresh Garden Salsa

Ingredients:
6 ish tomatoes or one 28 oz. can of whole tomatoes
3 peppers or 2 10 ounce cans Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
1/2 onion
1 jalapeno
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
1/4 tsp. cumin
juice of one lime
1/2 cup cilantro

First prep your veggies.  Core the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds.  Some are fine.  
Cut the peppers and jalapeno in 1/2 and remove seeds and the fleshy stuff inside.  

I doubled this recipe so not all of the ingredients fit in my blender at one time so I blended the tomatoes first and then the rest of the ingredients.


And ended up with wonderful fresh salsa which is our favorite condiment other than Ranch, but that is just my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment