Thursday, May 12, 2016

DIY Ironing Board Cover



I have been meaning to get a new cover for my iron for years but every time I see one at the store I'm not sure the measurements of my iron and I'm disgusted at the price.

So the other day I decided to make my own.  It was super easy.  Took me 30 minutes.  I should have done it years ago.

You need sturdy fabric that won't wear out.  I looked in the aisle of household fabrics for curtains and pillows.

Measure your iron and add about 4 inches around the circumference.  I needed about 2 yards but my iron is a small one.
  



Then I got this pad at the store that is for an iron.  I used my old pad to cut out the new one.

I always zigzag my edges to make sure they don't fray.  Then I folded over the edge 1/2 inch and sewed that.

Then I did it again leaving an opening at the end.
Now just feed some elastic through the edge.




Then just put the pad on the iron and then the cover.

Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment