Monday, May 30, 2016

Mediterranean Pasta Salad

I have fresh basil to use so I decided to make our favorite pasta salad.
=

 Whenever I toast nuts in the oven I burn them so this time I tried it on my stove.  It worked great and took only a few minutes.  Don't forget to stir often.

 Mediterranean Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
1 12 oz. package garden Rotini pasta
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 red onion finely chopped
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
4 Tbsp. basil pesto
a small jar artichoke hearts, chopped
2/3 cup creamy Caesar dressing
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
1/2 cup Feta cheese

    Cook the pasta according to package directions.  Drain. Pour cold water onto cooked pasta noodles to cool.  Combine the cherry tomatoes, onion, Parmesan, basil, pesto, dressing, and artichoke hearts together.  Once the noodles are cool add the dressing and stir to combine.  Refrigerate until ready to eat.  Sprinkle on Feta and pine nuts when serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment