Monday, August 22, 2016

Christmas Presents- Duffle Bags

I know I'm crazy, but I finished my kids' Christmas presents.... or at least one of them.  When I get an idea I have to act on it and it drives me crazy until its done.  There needs to be a word for the opposite of a procrastinator.  I'm that... obsessive compulsive maybe?
 My kids needed travel bags.  We watched some friends' kids over-night and they had their own duffel bags.  I thought, "my kids need this!"  So I found a pattern I like online here.
 I just changed the fabric to canvas.  I didn't like the laminated fabric idea.  They were super easy to make.  It was just a little tricky to find all the different notions and things like webbing.  That was SO hard to find!




 I used just normal cotton fabric on the lining inside and sewed on the zipper a different way than they show in the instructions because I thought my way was better and easier.  Just sew the zippers on to the fabric right sides together.  That tape stuff looked annoying.

 Then I sewed the kids toiletry bags and put a toothbrush holder inside.  WALA!  They are ready to travelling except they have to wait until Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment