Monday, February 21, 2011

Chocolate and Vanilla Pudding

My mom used to make us our own personal pudding when I was little and I loved it.  I think I loved anything that was just mine as you can see from the chicken pot pie post below.

I found this recipe and decided to try it.

Okay, so I'm not going to copy the recipe out for you again because I followed it almost exactly with great results, but I did have a genius moment with the vanilla pudding and I have to share it. 
   So in the recipe it tells you to heat the milk and then whisk it into the cornstarch, egg, sugar mixture as fast as you can whisk right?  Well, I got to thinking about how hard that would be to pour milk slowly while whisking and I thought why not just use my mixer?  So I mixed everything up in there and put it on a medium speed and slowly poured the milk in.  There were no lumps and it was heavenly and WAY easy. 

   I also added some left-over blackberry syrup from a cheesecake on top of the vanilla pudding.  So good.  Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment