Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Sister's Granola

My sister sent me a canister of granola she had made a few weeks ago and I am now addicted to the stuff.
   I love it on yogurt with fresh blueberries and strawberries.  Umm... good.

Here is the recipe:
Ingredients:

2/3 c water
3 c brown sugar
2 c vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract (optional...I used both)
9 c rolled oats
3 c Rice Krispies
2 tsp salt
1 c slivered almonds or sunflower seeds
*any dried fruit, chocolate chips, coconut, or other desired ingredients you wish to add

Directions:
1. Boil water and brown sugar for 2 minutes in a sauce pan stirring constantly.
2. Add vegetable oil and vanilla extract (and almond extract)
3. In a mixing bowl, mix together oats, Rice Krispies, salt, and sunflower seeds.
4. Add liquid and mix together
5. pour onto large cookie sheet (I suggest a jelly roll pan, or something with edges, to avoid granola spills in your oven-it is messy!)
6.Bake 1 hour at 250* turning twice with a spatula
7. After baking and cooling, add any dried fruit or candy/chocolate chips you desire

No comments:

Post a Comment