Monday, June 13, 2011

Alphabet Vegetable Soup

I've been wanting to make my own Alphabet Vegetable Soup so I kind of made one up the other night and I thought it turned out really well.
Alphabet Vegetable Soup

Ingredients:
1 onion chopped
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 cups Vegetable Cocktail juice (V8 or whatever)
2 cups beef broth
1 package frozen mixed vegetables
1 1/2 tsp. parsley (I used fresh)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. thyme
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup alphabet noodles or pasta of choice

    Saute Onion and carrots in olive oil until tender.  Then add broth and vegetable juice.  Bring to a boil.  Add the frozen vegetables and spices.  Depending on cooking time on vegetables and pasta add them so they will all finish at the same time.  My vegetables cooked in about five minutes and the pasta took one.  They were very small noodles.

Serve immediately and enjoy the amount of vegetables you get from it.

Other ideas for vegetables:  spinach, cabbage, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment