Thursday, February 4, 2016

Favorite Meatball Recipe

My kids love meatballs and so I make them occasionally and freeze them.  It makes them happy.  Here is my daughter being "a big helper."
Favorite Meatballs

Ingredients:

1 pound lean ground beef  (Sometimes I mix in half ground turkey to make it healthier.)
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
4 large eggs
1/2 cup milk (I use skim)
3/4 grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
1/3 cup minced onions (I like the dehydrated kind you can buy in the spice sections, but fresh work.)
1/8 cup minced garlic or more
1 Tbsp. parsley
2 Tbsp. Basil

Mix all together with your hands.  Don't be shy.  Roll into balls about the size of a golf ball on a greased baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 40 minutes.

Eat right away with spaghetti, as meatball sandwiches, or allow to cool and freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment