Monday, February 29, 2016

Pigs in a Blanket

Every week I ask my family what they want for dinner and every week my five-year-old says, "Hot Dogs."  Sometimes I tell him to come up with something else and sometimes I just let him have hot dogs.  This week we did Pigs in a Blanket to spice things up and it allowed him to help.

I used my favorite bread stick recipe for the dough:

Bread Sticks

1 Tbl. Yeast
1 Tbl. Sugar
1 tsp. salt
1-1/2 cups water
3-1/2 cups flour

I mix this all in my bread machine.  Let rise 30 minutes.  Roll into sticks and cover till they rise some more.  Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.  


First roll the bread stick dough into balls and let sit while you prep everything else.

I sprayed a little Pam on my counter so it would be easier for my son to roll out the dough. 




Then he just rolled and sometimes we added cheese or mustard before rolling the dough and hot dog up.


Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment