Monday, January 17, 2011

Chocolate Chip Muffin Trial

So I've been looking for the best recipe for Chocolate Chip Chocolate Muffins so I tried two different recipes and made my family pick. The problem is we all liked a different one. So you decide. Which one is better.

I modified both recipes.
My favorite was this one by Nigella Lawson

Preheat your oven to 400.

Mix:
1 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1 cup sugar

Then add:
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Don't over mix. Pour into well greased muffin pan. Sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips. Bake for 20 minutes.

The next is from the Food Network Kitchens and was my husband's favorite.

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix:
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Then add:
2 eggs
4 Tbsp. butter or margarine melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Then mix in 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.

Bake for about 20-25 minutes in a greased muffin pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment