Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Finger Paint

We had a snow day today and needed an activity.  I've tried a few different finger paint recipes in the past and this is my favorite one
You'll need:
1/2 cup cornstarch
3 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups cold water
food coloring

In a medium saucepan stir together the cornstarch, sugar, and salt.  Then whisk in the cold water over medium to medium-low heat.  Cook for 5-10 minutes stirring constantly.  You are just waiting for it to thicken and become shiny.  I think I cooked it a little too long.  You don't want it too thick! 


Prepare some storage containers. 
Let it cool and add food coloring.
Then let your kids at it!
\My kids were having hard time not wiping their hands off every few seconds!  Store containers in air tight containers.  I store mine in the fridge.  I've had it go moldy in the past.  Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment