Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dad's Dutch Oven Chicken

My dad used to Dutch Oven this Chicken every time we went camping.  It is so good!
Dad's Dutch Oven Chicken (re-done in the crockpot)

4 chicken breasts
1 8 oz. bottle of Russian Dressing (this can be tricky to find, but Wish Bone makes one I found at Walmart)
1 cup Apricot Jam
1 package onion soup mix

Place chicken in a crockpot or dutch oven.  Mix the dressing, jam, and soup mix together in a bowl and then pour over the chicken.  Bake for 4-10 hours depending on the highness of the heat.  I did it for four hours on high on the crockpot.  Then it still wasn't falling apart to my satisfaction so I put it in a saucepan for 20 minutes and then it was perfect.

When you serve it make sure to spoon copious amounts of the sauce on top.  Soooo good!
*The recipe says to bake it in the oven at 350 for an hour and 20 minutes, but its just not as good as doing it in a dutch oven so I do it in the crockpot.  But if you really want to do it right do it in a dutch oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment