Monday, February 2, 2015

Oatmeal Breakfast Cups to Freeze!

 I'm always looking for something healthy and fast to make for breakfast because I'm usually the last one to eat after I help my kids get ready, make their lunches, and feed them breakfast.  

So I found these Oatmeal Cups and fell in love.  Their healthy, fast, AND you can freeze them!


Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup banana or about 1 banana mashed
1/2 cup honey or some other kind of sweetener
5 cups Old Fashioned rolled oats
2 tbsp. flax seed meal (LOVE this stuff!)
1 tbsp. cinnamon ground
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 1/4 cups milk (I used powdered milk to try to use my food storage and water of course.)
Optional toppings: nuts, berries, raisins, chocolate chips

    Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
    Mix the wet ingredients: eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana, and honey.  Then mix in the dry ingredients.
You can either add in the extra toppings now so they are baked throughout the cup or you can sprinkle them on top and individualize them.  I used blueberries and chopped pecans in mine.  But if your kids like chocolate chips and you don't add some chocolate chips on the top of a few.
    Spray two muffin tins or put in cupcake liners.  Fill each muffin tin cup so they are all even.
    Add any extra toppings now and put the tins in the oven for 30 minutes until you can pierce it with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
     Cool on a rack completely and place in freezer bags.
     I pull out one or two oatmeal cups for breakfast and microwave them for 30-40 seconds.  


No comments:

Post a Comment