Friday, July 31, 2015

Mississippi Mud

Mississippi Mud


I made this for Family Home Evening tonight. Its one of my fall-back recipes when I can't think of anything to make. Its delicious and really bad for you. My husband likes to brag to people about how many cubes of butter are in them.


Mississippi Mud
(by my mom-Norma Jensen)

First, preheat oven to 350. Put two cubes of margarine or butter in 13x9-inch pan and put in oven for the margarine to melt while the oven preheats.

Meanwhile, mix 2 cups of sugar and 2 eggs.

Then add:
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour

Mixture should be pretty crumby.

When the margarine is melted, should take about five minutes, add 4 tbl. cocoa to the margarine. Mix until a chocolatey syrup in pan.  Sprinkle crumb mixture on top of the chocolate mixture.

Bake at 350 for 27 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment