Friday, July 31, 2015

Trifle

I made English Trifle for mutual tonight. We're having a cultural night and I'm doing mine on New Zealand. They eat a lot of old fashioned English stuff there. It is so good and so easy!

English Trifle

Here's how you do it. Bake a cake or use an old, stale cake. Its actually meant to use an old cake, but I usually just bake mine that day. Allow the cake to cool and then cut it into strips. Place those on the bottom of a dish. Make some vanilla pudding ahead of time and put a layer of that on top of the cake. The pudding re-hydrates the cake. That's why you can use a stale cake.

Then add some fruit. I used raspberries here, but you can use anything. Fresh is best but not vital. Use raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, or bananas... Then whip some cream or use cool whip and put that on top of the fruit. You can then add another layer of cake and start all over again until you feel like stopping. I always finish with some whipped cream on top and then a few pieces of fruit.


Then you're supposed to put it in your fridge overnight to let the pudding sink in but I rarely do this. I sometimes make it just before serving it. If you are using fresh strawberries or bananas this is a must or they get brown and soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment