Saturday, July 2, 2016

Fourth of July Dessert- Danish Dessert

This is one of my most favorite desserts of all time.  It reminds me of my birthday which is on the Fourth of July.  

Danish Dessert

To make crumbs- mix together:
2 c. flour
1 c. brown sugar
1 cube soft margarine
1 c. chopped walnuts

Spread in 9x13 baking pan
       Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.  Stir several times.

Cream filling- whip together:
1 pint of cream (whipped)
1-8 oz. Pkg. Cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
         
Press about half of the crumbs into a pan, and then cool.  Fill with cheese mixture, cover with remaining crumbs.  Set in refrigerator.

Topping:
          Prepare 1 pkg. Danish Dessert and add 1 pkg. Frozen or frozen raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries. Spread over cheese layer, and refrigerate.

I like using raspberries or blackberries best.  You can use blueberries too.  I usually make the Danish Dessert first (the instructions for the fruit glaze) that way it has time to cool while you make everything else. 


To make this into a flag I reserved a 1/2 cup of the fruit sauce for the blueberries and added a small amount of dark blue gel food coloring. 
 Then the rest gets raspberries.
 I used the 9 x 13 pan I baked the crumbs in and layered 1/2 of the crumbs first.

 Then the cream (reserve about 1 cup).
 Then lay on the rest of the crumbs.
 The blueberries don't have much liquid in them on purpose.  Lay them out in a square in the upper right corner.
 Then carefully pour on the raspberries and spread them out to the corners.

 Then I piped on the rest of the whipped cream mixture in lines.  My kids were so thrilled!




No comments:

Post a Comment