Monday, March 6, 2017

Homemade Mini Corn Dogs

Mini Corn Dogs

We are in a school lunch slump.  So I decided to mix things up by making my own mini corn dogs to throw in the lunches.








Mini Corn Dogs

Ingredients:
1 cup corn meal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cup white sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk
2 (16 ounce) hot dogs of your choice
1 quart vegetable oil (for frying)

Mix wet and dry ingredients separately.  Then mix together.  Heat up oil in a dutch oven or your preferred frying pot.  I used a candy thermometer to keep my oil at the right temperature.   Cut up hot dogs in thirds.  Cover the hot dogs with flour in a Ziploc bag and shake to coat.  Then dip each hot dog in the batter and fry for a 2-3 minutes.  You might need to flip them or at least move them around 1/2 way through the frying.  Dry on a wire rack over a pan covered in paper towels.  I froze all mine and pop 3-4 into my kids lunches each morning with some ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment